Built from 1916 to 1918, Archmere "Arch to the Sea," was the home of John J. Raskob, Helen Springer Green, and their 13 children before becoming Archmere Academy in 1932. When the school was founded, the mansion house served as the main schoolhouse, as well as boarding for students.
Today, this building known as The Patio is home to concerts, educational programming, events, and so much more. The Manor, which originally housed the heating and electrical plant for the Raskob home, has undergone many renovations and changes in purpose throughout Archmere's history. Today, it is home to robust visual arts programming, founded by Father Stephen Rossey, O Praem. in the 1970s.